Friday, November 1, 2019

George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, Black, GRP1060B




My new favorite appliance..use it inside or outside!!!

I had, when I purchased this grill, 2 larger George
 grills that over the years, I have loved.
I bought this grill because I live alone..cook for one..and thought the removable grill plates might be easier
for me to clean.
First of all, this grill is small enough to fit on my counter in front of another appliance..it works better than it
advertises..it is fast and the meat is juicy and delicious, the 'sandwich' things I have tried ...omg delicious.
My favorite right now is tomato and sliced sharp cheese on wheat English muffins.
The cleaning...I can't use enough superlatives. I drop them in hot soapy water and go eat my dinner..return and
swish, swish! they are sparkling clean..and so so easy to remove and replace.
I am giving my larger and older GF grills to friends.
I really love this grill.
Tenants in my cottage apartment are not allowed charcoal or propane grills on our patios...imagine my delight
to buy this small but very very efficient electric grill...and have it be so satisfying.




Great indoor grill for one or two people.

Great indoor grill for one or two people. I'm a single guy and Ive worn through two of these - this is my third in 10 years. I've found that this smaller one is really all I need, having owned two of the larger models previously. It takes up less space than the other two, and it'll cool four burger patties or deboned chicken breasts at once - more than enough for me.

If I had a family, I'd want the larger ones, but, again, for one or two people, this may be all you need.

Clean up is very easy, as this one has detachable grill plates, as well.



Honest Review of the George Foreman 4 serving removable plate grill

This is a good product. It heats fast and cooks very well. I have owned and used this unit for just over a month. For the price it is a real bargain. That being said, I do have some issues. Today I noticed that the non stick coating has started to flake off. I will overcome this by using silicone grill mats from now on. Before this, the grill surface was very non stick--not even melted cheese would stick to it and it made perfect grill marks on the food. I suspect that todays meat with meat glue was the culprit causing the delamination of the nonstick coating as it began after I cooked some chuck steaks that may have been crafted with meat glue. Before that I had cooked some chicken breast strips that were definitely crafted with meat glue. After cooking the steaks, there were charred spots stuck to the grill surface. After soaking to loosen them, I used a soft plastic bristled dish brush to gently remove them and the nonstick coating came up as well. I took great care to not damage this surface as I had hoped it would last some time before it failed. This is not a deal breaker for me as I have used silicone mats on my retired George Foreman grill for some time with satisfaction. I would still recommend this product and also recommend them investing in silicone grilling mats to complement the grill surface.


Decent grill but "4-serving" is a bit small and a couple other negatives

I finally had it with cleaning my old George foreman grill so I bought this one with the replaceable plates. With such a large price difference between the 4 serving and the 5 serving grill AND the picture of the 4 burgers on the grill made me think this was the easy choice.

Well, this grill is much smaller than I thought it would be.

Cons:
- Size - it BARELY fits 2 burger patties. I make about 1/3 lb burgers and even the store bought ones will barely fit 2 on there and they need to be staggered and moved around to avoid undercooking the edges.

- Grease on the underside of plates: It ships with a black grease on the underside of the plates that creates a bad smell during the first time I turned it on. It got on my hands while removing the plates to wash them. I thought that was the end of it, but it actually didn't come off in the dishwasher. It isn't on the cook surface but just be aware when handling the plates.

- Trouble maintaining temperature: when you plug in the grill, one light turns on then when it heats up the other one turns on. When you add on one or 2 frozen patties or adding a refrigerate sauce to the meat on there it takes a LONG time and some times NEVER returns to "both lights" being on. Its like it doesn't have enough heating ability to keep up once things are on there. I use a thermometer to make sure things aren't undercooked.

- No on/off button. One of my previous GF grills had an on/off switch which was great for keeping it plugged in and turning on when you need it. This one does not have one.

- Has a "gap" in the middle between the top and bottom plates and if something is stuck to the top plate it can fall in the gap and get onto your counter, requiring additional clean up.

Pros:
+ Price, very inexpensive so perhaps that justifies its downfalls

+ Removable plates are nice for occasional cleaning.

+ Hinge, lets it fit different size foods

+ Its a george foreman so its great for cooking small meals at home without going out into the cold to grill.

Conclusion: Its a george foreman so if you've used one before, you know what to expect for the most part. However, I was expecting more improvements vs my MUCH older model that it was replacing. It came up pretty short in that respect with the only improvement being the removable plates, while the heating element may have gone backwards, it seems to have gotten smaller and even an on/off switch is missing. The LOW price may justify all these things for you. Of note, I read the reviews for the 5-serving grill which is double the price and seems to suffer from some of the same downfalls with an also misleading size in the pictures so just be aware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home