Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Samsung Chromebook 3, 11.6in, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, Chromebook 


So pleased, does all I needed and more!

I am so glad that I went ahead an bought this. I needed a small portable computer that I could take to a number of places to work on ongoing projects. I wanted something that would be smaller, lightweight, have an attached keyboard, functioning USB ports and enough memory to be able to use multiple internet pages at the same time while utilizing OneDrive to create documents. I bought this hoping for the best, I mean given the price tag I was almost certain that I would be handing it off to my sister for my little nephew to play games on, but nope! Mine all mine!!! I waited to review until I had used in all of the capacities that I required and it has done all that I needed and then some! Super lightweight and handy, I can have it on my leg while balancing papers to review on theother while waiting for appointments. It quickly accesses the internet and has worked wonderfully in tandem with OneDrive and other internet functions. I could not be happier. BTW because of the extra USB ports (3) I was able to attach a remote mouse and it works seamlessly also. Did I saw that I am Happy? 

I've really enjoyed this device


As an academic and a Google Head, I've really enjoyed this device. It is lightweight, does not have a fan under the bottom, and doesn't generate a lot of heat. I've been impressed with the battery life and the charging rate. The processor isn't the most powerful in the world, so complicated software like TD Ameritrade's Trade Architect tends to stall. If you areworking on the web, answering emails, and creating Google Docs, it works flawlessly

Pinch me

Let's skip the part where we acknowledge the fact that Chromebooks, in general, are incredibly awesome...fast, reliable, can do basically everything you need to do unless you're a recording engineer or you work for Dreamworks...or if you insist on using one of the few remaining proprietary software programs that hasn't migrated online yet (hint: it's 2019...stop fighting it). Anyway, let's skip that part because you already know this and that's why you're looking at Chromebooks.

We are now a 6-Chromebook family. Everyone has one now. 4 of them are Samsungs. I just purchased my 2nd of these little Samsung dudes, both from this seller, factory refurbs. Here's why you should pull the trigger on this right now:

1. It may be "refurb", but they look brand new. And because of Chromebooks "powerwash" feature, they are fully wiped just like a brand new from-the-factory job.

2. There's no such thing as a 100% never-fail piece of electronic equipment. So you want to get yours from a place that will have your back if it's not right. The first one we ordered had a problem with the keyboard. Keys would stick. I called the number on the box, got a native English-speaking dude from Connecticut, and he happily overnighted another one to me immediately, along with a prepaid return tag for the faulty one. The replacement worked perfectly and has been working for many months so far.

3. As a laptop, this one is pretty great. It's fast, the screen is bright and clear, it's super light, the battery lasts forever, the build quality is high...and it just FEELS like a nice laptop.

4. DID YOU SEE THE PRICE??

There are down sides to everything. It's not as cool as MY Samsung Chromebook (the touch-screen Pro). But I could buy 3-4 of these for the cost of one of mine. I'm sure that if you want to burst this little laptop's bubble, you can open a million windows and see if it can edit video and print and browse cat videos at the same time. But don't be that guy. You wanna get silly with your laptop, buy a Chromebook Pro like mine. I'm still waiting for that one to bog down after 2.5 years of daily use and lots (and lots and lots) of international travel. For normal people who use web apps and email and edit video on WeVideo and knock out accounting on QBO and...for the love of all things holy, consider getting over the hump and using Google Office (and thank me in 6 months) this laptop is all you probably need. If it'll make you feel better, buy two of them and pretend it costs twice as much. Then you'll have a backup in case you forget and go swimming with the first one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home