Thursday, October 31, 2019

Oster BLSTAJ-CB Blender 6-Cup Glass Jar - Black Lid




Perfect fit for my OSTER blender


I have a Oster model 6843 12-speed all metal drive blender. Worked great until the glass pitcher was accidently dropped on tile and broke. Glad to find a replacement for the pitcher without having to buy a whole new blender. This replacement part only comes with the Glass pitcher, lid and filler cap.

You need the blade,gasket and the base to have a working blender. We simply removed those pieces from our broken one and saved them until the new glass pitcher came. If you are missing those parts they are available seperately as well.

My only complaint is that amazon didnt pkg it very well and luckily mine did not come damaged. the glass pitcher came to us in the manuf. pkg which is simply a thin store shelve box with a cardboard insert to keep the pitcher from moving around and then amazon boxed it in a slightly larger box (less than 1 inch of space on each side of the manuf. box) with one of those bubble wrap air pillows but it left 3 entire sides of the box unprotected. Honestly suprised it wasnt damaged in shipping

Great replacement for the one you just shattered!

I knocked my original glass blender jar off the counter and it shattered into a million pieces, so I needed an replacement. I researched replacement glass jars on Oster's website and spoke with one of their customer service people to figure out which one would work with my blender, since they had a ton of different ones on their site. Turns out, it was slightly cheaper to order it on Amazon, since ordering it directly from Oster was $10 plus about $8 of shipping (for a total of $18). So, I ordered this replacement from Amazon for a few bucks less.

At first I was bummed that it wasn't the exact same shape as the original (which had flat sides) since I liked the look of the original, but after using this replacement, I'm actually liking it more than the original for a few reasons:

-The rounded shape makes it MUCH easier to scrape the sides to get out what was blended (so easy now to get out the last bits of blended tomato or smoothie!)
-I'm finding the rounded shape is actually a bit easier to clean with the sponge. Not sure if this is legitimate or I'm imagining that it's easier.
-This replacement jar (which is 6 cups) is actually slightly bigger than the original (which was 5 cups). That little bit of extra makes makes such a big difference to me.
-This replacement has a MUCH BETTER spout, so it's easy to pour without making a mess.
Keep in mind, it DOESN'T come with anything at the base - no blade, rubber rings, or plastic base that screws into the blender. Make sure you keep those parts! It DOES come with a plastic lid and the clear plastic dome at the top.

Overall, I think $16 is a little much for what it is, but it definitely beats paying $70 to rebuy the whole blender. UPDATE: Looks like the price dropped quite a bit since I bought mine.

If you found this review helpful, please let me know! And if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home