Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel - Silver


Efficient & Enjoyable Food Processor
 I just received this machine as a gift about a week ago. It is has already been put to good use in my home kitchen! Today alone I diced mushrooms & onions, shredded cheese, and sliced strawberries, apples, & tomatoes. They were all done beautifully without damaging the food in process. This gave perfectly shredded cheese, beautifully sliced fruits & vegetables, and the mushrooms & onions were diced just right for my homemade "cream of soup". I am surprised at the speed at which it processes and still has smooth clean cuts without mashing the food. It is also very quiet!

The bowl was large enough to hold the whole 2 lb block of shredded cheese. The 2 openings, large & small, were both used today. Having the smaller feed tube, I was able to stack my strawberries in and keep them from tumbling around which helped provide more uniform slices. Having the larger, I was able to cut my 2 lb block of cheese into 4ths and have the entire block shredded in no time. The larger would not hold my whole tomato set in right side up, but I was able to turn my tomatoes sideways and get beautiful slices anyway.

I did take some pictures/video along the way to show processes and comparisons on the different blade thicknesses. I did purchase some extra discs alongside my gift that included the thin slicing blade as well as the thick. I used the shredding disc & slicing disc that came with the machine for the cheese & tomatoes.

I am finding this machine easy to handle and a joy to have in my kitchen. It's easy to operate. I now have a feel for how to insert & change the discs, so it really has been an simple yet very efficient machine. I highly recommend

America's Test Kitchen recommends this model (DFP-14BCNY) and I have to say I agree with them!

Solid product that works very well. Easy to clean - I just pop everything (except the blades which are quick and easy to hand wash) in my dishwasher and I'm set. Very small gap between the blade and the bowl which makes for a more even dice/chop.
Make sure you get the newer model (DFP-14BCNY) with the improved blade. If you get the older model contact Cuisinart for a free replacement. Overall, this is an outstanding product that outperforms others I have used in the past. America's Test Kitchen recommends this model and I have to say I agree with them!

Way better than expected!

We cook a LOT and had bought the Cuisinart custom prep 11 at Costco several years ago and liked it. Recently the pusher broke and the bowl was cracked. Of course trying to find parts for an old machine is hard. I was pretty irritated that they stop making parts when the motor is quality. America Test Kitchen TV show recommended this food processor so after a couple of months we broke down and bought the DFP and we're so impressed! When the blade is inside the bowl it's so close to the edge of the bowl when spinning that the food get processed well, and the 14 cup bowl is great! I decided to buy an extra bowl and pusher allowing for future breakage and decided to hand wash them so they will last longer but unfortunately it's not fun to clean all the small areas in the pusher. My only complaint is that the cord is too short, they could have added 2 or 3 more inches. We use it on our island and I have to have it very close to the edge of the counter to plug it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home